Sunday, January 8, 2012

Scissor Case Tutorial

Does your quilt shop carry scissors like these? Maybe you own some yourself?They make a wonderful little gift for those sewing friends, but those points are sharp! If you buy a pair at Needles Quilt Shop, they will wrap them in bubble wrap just so you can get them home without stabbing yourself.
So here's a little project I came up with. An "easy-to-sew scissor case" made with just two 5" squares of fabric (perfect for those charm squares you've been collecting!) and only two seams! I created a little tutorial on my Flickr page if you'd like to make one (or 24) yourself. This is my first tutorial, so please let me know what you think.I got a little carried away making these, and just finished two dozen of them to take to Needles tomorrow. No more bubble wrap for Needles customers! They can carry their new scissors home in style!

1 comment:

  1. Oh, how cute, Kathy! I need a pair of those. I bought one for each of my daughters last year but didn't treat myself. Next time I'm in the shop....because those points are perfect for snipping tiny threads. Not to mention, the scissors are pretty too!
    Clever little case for them!
    XO Diane

    ReplyDelete

Comments from my readers make me smile!